Storage and Panel Heating
assured heating engineers
We offer a full supply and installation service on all types of storage heaters to homes or offices. We reccomend using Quantum Dimplex Storage Heaters, click to find out more.
Storage heaters are one of the most popular forms of electric heating, and because they use low cost 'off peak' electricity running costs are low. Storage heaters are also cheap and easy to install, requiring no pipework or flues. Storage heaters have no moving parts or internal combustion, are virtually maintenance free and do not require an annual safety check.
How and when do I charge my storage heater?
Storage heaters work by taking an energy charge during off peak energy times - (usually overnight - although some energy suppliers offer a day time boost). On all storage heaters you are able to control the input charge (the amount of heat stored) either manually by using a simple control on the top of the heater, or via an automatic input control which regulates the charge required. When your energy supplier makes the off peak energy available the storage heater will automatically start to charge, then, once it has taken either it's full charge or the energy supplier stops the off peak energy flow, the heater will release the heat gradually throughout the day. Please consult energy suppliers in your area for details on tariffs available.
Do they require a lot of maintenance?
The majority of storage heaters have no moving parts or internal combustion so they require very little maintenance are virtually maintenance free and do not require an annual safety check.
range of features
- Less than 150mm (6”deep).
- Smooth curved styling.
- XL range features manually adjustable charge regulator to control the amount of heat stored during the charge period.
- XLS range features automatic charge regulator, which automatically adjusts the level of input charge to compensate for changing weather conditions without user intervention.
- XLS range also has running cost savings of up to 15% when compared to manual static storage heaters.
- Room temperature boost control increases heat output when required and may be used auto-matically or manually.
- Easy to use controls, out of sight of young children.
- Frontal grille for efficient heat distribution.
- Secure wall fixings for safety.
- Feet may be fitted under carpet or on top of a suitable floor covering.
- Compatible with all off peak tariffs.
- Drip proof construction (IPX2 rated)
Choose one of our Services below:
- Thermaflo Electrical Boiler
- Electric Wet Central Heating
- Electric Tariffs
- Running Costs
- Storage and Panel Heating
- Gas Central Heating
- Oil Central Heating
It is not possible to provide detailed information on running costs because there are so many variables to consider - what electricity tariff will be used, how long the heater will be on for, what setting the thermostat will be on, etc - all these factors need to be taken into account when working out the running cost of a heating system.
However, there is often confusion about the running costs of electric heating compared to other fuels; but for installed heating the real cost of the energy to heat the system is only part of the picture. The true cost to consider is the annual running cost - taking into account not only the fuel used but the hidden cost of maintaining the system.
It is also worth noting that within the electric heating industry, there have been considerable product developments in recent years and modern electric heating appliances offer advanced levels of control and economy. Look out for products with accurate thermostatic control and timers, which will help reduce running costs further.